1. Chambray Shirt by Madewell. Luckily for us all, the chambray shirt has made a big comeback. Hemingway rocked the socks out of a denim shirt, as any true outdoorsman will. Guys, here’s a great pick for you.
2. Boyfriend Chinos by J Crew. Indoors, outdoors. Daytime, nighttime. These pants blend form and function beautifully. They imply you care very little, and yet somehow, you look effortlessly stunning. Winning.
3. Fringe vest by Free People. Granted, a fringe vest is a tough one to pull off. Hemingway managed to do it, but he also managed to produce spare, tight prose that put a more popular lyrical style to shame. Then he won a Nobel Prize for it. We say, give the fringe vest a try.
4. Hiking boots by Danner. Hiking boots are synonymous with Danner. I will leave you with nothing more than this simple fact. Other than Hemingway wore hiking boots.
5. Vintage Citizen by American Apparel. How long have I been fighting this marlin? How long have I been working on this short story? How long have I been looking this good in this watch?
And lastly, for your viewing pleasure, we give you Hemingway’s passport photo in 1923. Which brings to mind we most certainly need to produce a Reading is Sexy: Hemingway the Younger Years post, sooner rather than later.
What’s cookin’ good lookin’?