<< CLOSED >>
Thanks to all of our participants and editors! Our workshop is closed for the year, but stay tuned for more workshop opportunities in 2018.
Participants will receive personalized feedback on a story or essay, detailed suggestions for improvement, and
resources for submitting–all from an experienced instructor. The workshop allows writers to work with instructors remotely and strives to provide a workshop experience that can easily fit into their lives.
There are a limited number of spots available, so don’t wait! All submissions will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. When spots are full, submissions close.
- an editorial letter from your instructor with specific suggestions and developmental edits that will help elevate your story to the next level
- PDF of materials including craft essays from The Masters Review, editorial notes on what we see from the slush pile, information on submission strategies, and additional advice on submitting
- automatic inclusion in a forthcoming Masters Review contest
- suggestions on literary magazines and contests that would be a good fit for your work, along with reading recommendations from your instructor
- a copy of The Masters Review Volume VI with stories selected by Roxane Gay
- Writers will receive feedback no later than October 31. Early submissions may yield earlier feedback
Praise for The Masters Review’s Editorial Feedback
“I workshopped two stories with you/The Masters Review last year, and I wanted to let you know that revised versions of those stories helped me earn an acceptance to the University of Arizona, where I’ll be an MFA candidate in fiction this fall. Thank you so much for your feedback and for running such a wonderfully supportive publication and platform for emerging writers. ” –Josh, Summer Workshop
“I wanted to share my news with you. “Piano Lessons,” the essay I submitted to the workshop with Anne Valente 2 yrs ago, is coming out in Creative Nonfiction in the April issue. You were so generous in your support of my writing. CNF was top on your list of recommended places to send it.” – Ellen, Summer Workshop
“I hope The Masters Review will continue to do these online workshops and do them more frequently. It’s invaluable to get personal feedback from writers and editors of this caliber.” –Drew, Summer Workshop
“Out of all of the editing processes I’ve encountered, the way you worked with me on ‘Shine’ stands out the most. I feel like you understand what I’m trying to achieve overall, offered edits to bolster that, and gave me suggestions that made the story that much stronger.” –Ron, New Voices Author
“Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to receive thoughtful feedback on my writing!” –Albert, Summer Workshop