This is it: the last week to submit to our Winter Short Story Award for New Writers, with winners selected by Aimee Bender. This is one of our most popular categories. The winner receives $3000, publication on The Masters Review site, and review from multiple agencies. The second and third place stories receive $300 and $200, respectively, publication, and agency review. This is a great opportunity for emerging writers. We have included some guidelines below, but you can find all the details here.
$3000 + Publication + Agency Review
- Winner receives $3000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 7000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit. Writers with works published with a circulation of less than 5000 copies can also submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- To view a list of our most commonly asked questions regarding submitting to The Masters Review, please see our FAQ page.