The sun is out and the stories are ripe for the picking. Our Summer Short Story Award for New Writers awards $3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will receive publication and $300 and $200 respectively. All winners and honorable mentions will receive agency review by: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Mark Gottlieb from Trident Media, and Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company. This is a wonderful opportunity for emerging writers. DEADLINE: July 31. Check out all the details.
- Winner receives $3000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 7000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit. Writers with works published with a circulation of less than 5000 copies can also submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- To view a list of our most commonly asked questions regarding submitting to The Masters Review, please see our FAQ page.