Each quarter we host an online workshop that allows you to get feedback from an established writer or editor in the field. Our summer term is perfect for polishing up those stories for when lit mags open to submissions in the fall. Well. We’re thrilled to announce that from Aug 1 – Aug 31, Tin House executive editor Michelle Wildgen will be offering feedback on stories.
Submissions for our summer Online Workshop will be open from August 1 – August 31. However, there are only a certain number of spots available, so don’t wait! This term we only have space for TEN writers.
- a page-long editorial letter from Michelle with specific suggestions and developmental edits that will help elevate your story to the next level
- detailed copy edits from The Masters Review staff
- cover letter suggestions from our editorial team
- suggestions on literary magazines and contests that would be a good fit for your work
- a reading list suited to your style
- a story that is publication ready
- a copy of The Masters Review Volume III with stories selected by Lev Grossman (INDIEFAB silver medalist for Best Short Story Collection!)
We are accepting works of fiction and creative nonfiction up to twenty-five double-spaced pages, or 6,250 words. All genres and all styles are welcome. We’re sorry to say we can only review a single story at a time. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. You can reserve your spot now, but when spaces are full we can no longer accommodate additional participants.
The Online Workshop fee is $299, due upon registration. Registration opens on August 1, 2015.