“Thanks for providing a place for emerging talents to thrive!”
— Amy Williams, The Williams Agency
$2000 + Publication + Agency Review
Because of the popularity of our Short Story Award this summer and because the agents we work with were eager to see more, we are hosting a winter award. The winning story will be awarded $2000, publication, and agency review from Amy Williams of The Williams Agency, Victoria Marini from Irene Goodman, and Laura Biagi from Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc., and all winners and honorable mentions will earn review from the agencies. Additionally, second and third place winners earn publication and $200 and $100, respectively. We’re looking for your best writing under 7000 words. The contest remains open until Jan 15, 2017.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support and to the wonderful agents looking for new talent. We look forward to reading your stories and showcasing more of today’s best emerging writers.
For full details and guidelines, see our Short Story Award For New Writers, page.
- Winner receives $2000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($200/$100, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 7000 words
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: January 15, 2017
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication