The Short Story Award for New Writers is open from May 15 – July 15, 2016 and will award $2000 to the winner. Second and third place prizes will be $200 and $100, respectively, and all three stories will earn publication on the site and agency review by Amy Williams of The Williams Agency, Victoria Marini by GELFMAN SCHNEIDER / ICM PARTNERS and Laura Biagi from Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc. in New York.
OPEN: May 15 – July 15
PRIZE: $2000 and publication to the winner. $200, $100 and publication to second and third place stories, respectively. Agency review by Victoria Marini of GELFMAN SCHNEIDER / ICM PARTNERS and Laura Biagi from Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc. in New York, and Amy Williams of the Amy Williams Agency.
- 6000 word limit
- Fiction only
- No writing preferences. Just your best work
- Emerging Writers Only (have not published a novel at the time of submission. You may have a book under contract. Short story collections are not considered novels and therefore you qualify. We welcome work from self-published writers.)
- $20 to enter
- Previously unpublished work only
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us if your story is accepted elsewhere
- International submissions allowed
To submit a story or learn more about our guidelines, click the submit button:
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” — Haruki Murakami