The Masters Review Printed Anthology – $5000 in prizes
Every year The Masters Review opens submissions to produce our anthology, a collection of ten stories written by the country’s best emerging authors. Our aim is to showcase ten writers who we believe will continue to produce great work. It is considered one of the most highly regarded collections of debut fiction and narrative nonfiction, and is produced to highlight writers of the next generation. The ten writers selected will be nationally distributed with their work exposed to top agents, editors, and authors across the country.
The Masters Review implemented some changes to submissions this year. Read more about them in a Letter From the Editor.
- Previously unpublished works of fiction and narrative nonfiction only
- Up to 7000 words
- We accept simultaneous submissions as long as work is withdrawn if it is accepted elsewhere
- Multiple submissions are allowed
- Writers must not have published a novel-length work at the time of submission
- Standard formatting please (double-spaced, 12 pt font, pages numbered preferred)
- $20 reading fee
- Publication in a nationally distributed journal
- Exposure to over 50 literary agencies
- Contributor’s copy
- All writers are part of an exclusive mailing. We send our anthology to editors, authors, and literary institutions across the country in order to expose our writers to a growing readership
Deadline for entry is March 31, 2015 :: Shortlist will announce April 15, 2015
Winners announced no later than May 15, 2015 :: Book is published in the fall