There is only one month left to submit your best fiction for a chance at $2000 + publication + correspondence from our esteemed judge. Our 2015 winner, “Linger Longer” was just selected for a ghost story anthology edited by horror’s best editor, Ellen Datlow, and our 2016 winner “Night Beast” will appear in Ruth Joffre’s debut collection, out from Grove Atlantic next year.
Judged by BRIAN EVENSON. The winning story receives $2000 + publication, and a note from our judge on why the story was chosen. Second and third place stories earn $200 and $100, respectively, publication, and correspondence from our judge.
- Submissions are open from Sept 15 – Nov 15
- 7000 word limit
- Fiction only
- Emerging writers only. (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit.)
- $20 to enter
- Previously unpublished work only
- One story per submission
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us if your story is accepted elsewhere
- International submissions allowed