Writers, there are only two weeks left to submit to our flash fiction contest. The winner earns $2000, publication in PEN America and The Masters Review, and special recognition in Poets & Writers Magazine. Second and third place writers earn $200 and $100 respectively, publication in The Masters Review, and recognition. Full details can be found here. We look forward to reading your work, but hurry! May 31 is fast approaching.
“Notice the small things. The rewards are inversely proportional.”
We’ve partnered with PEN America and Poets & Writers for our flash fiction contest. The winner will receive $2000, publication on PEN America’s site, and recognition in Poets & Writers Magazine.
Our love of flash fiction runs deep. And throughout our six years of reading work by emerging writers we’ve seen some incredible pieces of small and powerful fiction, but we’ve never hosted a call for flash. So here it is: a home for your very best small fiction. Send us big worlds in tiny packages, large ideas with a low word count. Dazzle us with your best fiction under 1000 words.
- Winner receives $2000, publication on PEN America (later reprinted in The Masters Review), and recognition in Poets & Writers Magazine
- Second and third place prizes ($200/$100, publication in The Masters Review, and recognition in Poets & Writers)
- Stories under 1000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee allows for up to two stories
- Deadline: May 31, 2017
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication (pays $0.10/word up to $100)