Put the finishing touches on your next masterpiece — our Winter Short Story Award for New Writers judged by Aimee Bender is closing TONIGHT at midnight! The winning story will be awarded $3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and $300 and $200 respectively. We have included some guidelines below, but you can find all the details here.
$3000 + Publication + Agency Review
- Winner receives $3000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($300 / $200, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 7000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit. Writers with works published with a circulation of less than 5000 copies can also submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- To view a list of our most commonly asked questions regarding submitting to The Masters Review, please see our FAQ page.